Saturday 28 June 2014

Prayer

It's been hard to blog lately because there have been no BIG updates or fundraisers. I have mentioned several times in past blogs and on Facebook that I have been praying for my babies. I know that the Lord provides and I know that He is good. I also know that my parents told me throughout my childhood that they prayed for me; they prayed for who I would be, my personality and even what I would look like! I have always HEARD this, but had a hard time actually praying specific things. I kind of figured that God in His infinite wisdom would bless me with what he deemed best for David and I. It sounded a little selfish to ask for more anything more specific than that! But it occurred to me the other day, I'm not treating God like a vending machine if I am just sharing my heart and requesting good circumstances for my children.

Everyone has heard the horror stories of adoption; mostly people getting children with needs that were unexpected at the time. In my heart I just feel I need to ask; did they pray about it? Not in the after it occurred, but in the year or more leading up to the bringing their child home. Now I think sometimes God gives us unexpected issues for our own growth and well-being, but I honestly can see nothing wrong with praying love and protection over children that are already growing in a land far from me. I don't see anything wrong with praying for someone to comfort them, encourage them, mold them, introduce Jesus and love them to pieces.

So this is my prayer for my children:

Dear Heavenly Father,
You know the ache in my heart, and I thank you for putting it there. Thank-you for the beautiful children you created to love you and be loved by you. Thank-you for loving them infinitely more than I ever could. I thank-you for the opportunities you place in our lives to care for the widows, orphans and homeless during our time here on earth.

God, I pray for my little ones, wherever they are right now in this moment. I pray you bless them with someone in their lives who they can attach emotionally to, and will love them (teacher, caretaker, friend, or whomever). Please provide them with a resilient spirit that they might recover a little easier from whatever tragedy has happened that led to them being orphaned.

I pray that you fill their spirits with strength for the hardships and hope for the future. Let them know there are parents out there coming for them soon. Give them a happiness that is unexplainable that they might enjoy their childhood and look back with a sense of fondness; untainted by fear, stress, and sadness. Turn their tears into dancing, as only you know how.

Lord, most of all, show your glory. You know there is literally nothing we can do to help the children you have set aside for David and I. Show your power in this circumstance, let people see your glory throughout this entire process. Let this affect people who would never know you otherwise. May you be glorified and lifted high.


I ask this in Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

James 1:27

"We care for orphans NOT because we are the rescuers, but but because we are the rescued."- David Platt.
James 1:27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure & faultless is this: to look after orphans & widows in their distress.